Miami Federal Criminal Defense Lawyer
Passionate Advocacy for Those Accused of Federal Crimes
Being investigated for, or charged with, a federal crime is a frightening experience. We understand that no matter the size, a criminal case is of life-changing importance to the accused and the accused’s family. At FIGUEROA-CONTRERAS LAW GROUP, we make sure that the accused’s constitutional rights are protected at all stages of the criminal investigation and prosecution.
Our legal team investigates and prepare each criminal case as if it were going to trial, leaving no stone unturned. Our criminal defense team includes a former Florida prosecutor and respected criminal defense advocates with extensive trial experience.
If you or your loved one has been accused of a federal crime, an important first step is securing immediate, aggressive representation from an experienced federal criminal defense attorney that you trust. FIGUEROA-CONTRERAS LAW GROUP is here to help.
FIGUEROA-CONTRERAS LAW GROUP represents clients being investigated for, charged with, or convicted of a wide array of federal criminal offenses, including:
- Federal aggravated identity theft and access device fraud
- Federal computer crimes
- Federal drug crimes, including drug trafficking, possession with intent to distribute, prescription drug offenses, and related offenses
- Federal embezzlement and theft offenses
- Federal firearms offenses, including felon in possession of a firearm; use, carry or possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug felony or crime of violence; and unlawful dealing in firearms or ammunition
- Federal immigration crimes, including alien smuggling, harboring aliens, falsely claiming U.S. citizenship, illegal re-entry, immigration fraud, marriage fraud, naturalization fraud, and visa fraud. We also handle civil denaturalization matters in federal district court.
- Federal sentence reduction matters (5K1.1 and Rule 35 representation)
- Federal violations of supervised release
- Federal white collar and fraud offenses, including health care fraud, money laundering, mail fraud, and wire fraud
- Federal post-conviction relief (2254 and 2255 motions) and appeals
Our attorneys represent clients in all three of Florida’s federal districts: the Southern District of Florida, with courts in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Key West, and West Palm Beach; the Middle District of Florida, with courts in Ft. Myers, Jacksonville, Orlando, and Tampa; and the Northern District of Florida, with courts in Gainesville, Panama City, Pensacola, and Tallahassee. Our team also represents clients in federal appellate matters in the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
In addition, our attorneys are also regularly admitted Pro Hac Vice in other federal district courts outside of Florida, acting alongside local counsel in a wide array of criminal matters, particularly in cases involving prosecutions for criminal immigration offenses.
Is your loved in federal detention? We are here for you. FIGUEROA-CONTRERAS LAW GROUP attorneys are available 24/7 for our detained federal criminal clients and their families. We offer confidential jail visits to clients detained in federal detention centers and federal prisons in South Florida and across the United States.
Contact our Miami federal criminal defense attorney by calling (305) 501-4141.